TO REAFFIRM THE SCRIPTURAL DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE
- WHEREAS God in creation made human beings male and female, brought man and woman together and blessed them (Genesis 1:27-28, 2:18-25); and
- WHEREAS Christ concludes from Genesis that in marriage God has joined together one man and one woman (Matthew 19:4-6); and
- WHEREAS the definition of marriage in the Ontario Marriage Act was challenged by the publication of banns and subsequent "marriage" of two homosexual couples in Toronto in January, 2001; and
- WHEREAS similar challenges have taken place in other provinces; therefore be it
- RESOLVED that Lutheran ChurchCanada reaffirm that "marriage" is the union of one man and one woman as God has created and instituted it; and be it finally
- RESOLVED that the officers, pastors and parishioners of Lutheran ChurchCanada affirm our Scriptural position whenever opportunities arise.
Adopted June 2002